|Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust|
|Graham cracker crust is a favorite for many flavors of pie. If you like it, you're sure to love my rich chocolate graham cracker pie crust!|
Chocoholics will love this improvement on my regular graham cracker pie crust.
1 1/2 cups chocolate
graham cracker crumbs (about 10-12 whole
Prepare graham cracker crumbs by one of two methods:
• Coarsely break crackers and place in the food processor. Process with metal blade until finely pulverized.
• Place crackers in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
Add melted butter and combine. This will require a few pulses in the food processor or a few seconds mixing by hand in a bowl.
Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan, spreading them evenly over the bottom and sides.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
Tips from Jane
• Some graham cracker crusts add sugar to the crumbs. I don't, and I find the chocolate crackers are even sweeter than the regular ones, so no sugar is necessary. That said, if you want it sweeter, add 1/4 cup sugar to the crumbs.
• You can also buy pre-made graham cracker crusts. They tend to be more solid than home made ones and hold their shape better, but they also tend to be higher in fat and include preservatives. The advantage is that you can buy some and keep them in the cupboard for when you need a pie in a hurry.
• If the chocolate graham crackers are too rich a flavor for the pie you're making, try my regular graham cracker crust.